Friday, June 13, 2008

Fitness Friday

I'm going to start a new challenge, to myself and anyone else that wants to join. Fitness Friday. I need to challenge myself to get in shape. I've only been in good shape for about a year out of my 28 years -- and even then I did it the wrong way (pills). I've always struggled with my weight. I'm always on a diet. I'm always feeling guilty for what I just ate. Its time to break this cycle!

I don't want to do a weekly weigh in because for the first time in my life I don't want it to be about weight only. I want it to be about fitness and being active. I will weigh in on Friday mornings, but I'll be keeping that number to myself (duh!). I'll post about how my week went, if I did in fact lose weight, and most importantly, how active I was!

My parents are brining me some of my old exercise videos. I hope to do one of those a day, even if its broken up through out my day (I rarely get a full hour without some baby related interruption!). I would also like to get out and walk/run with the girlies once and a while. We did just buy a pretty cool jogging stroller just for that purpose.

So how about you? Want to join me?? If you're in, just comment on this post and tell me what your goals are. Even if you don't need to lose any weight but just want to be more active, join me! On Fridays, post your progress.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

This is probably not the correct post for me to comment on, but I just read the entire Blog. Just want you to know how much I love you. You are an inspiration to me. I feel honored to have you as a daughter-in-law, and the mother of our granddaughters. Thank you!

ASH said...

Hi Joelle,
I really commend your efforts in trying to get fitness back into your life! It's not only a great way to look better on the outside but also a great way to reduce stress and feel good emotionally- it's a great way for "me" time. I'm really needing to be more active- I've seriously slacked off since I returned from France a year ago. I was going out and running for 50 minutes out where we lived, and although I wasn't consistent, I was doing it! I understand the importance of working out to maintain healthy weight loss and I know that, especially with my body type, running is what will really keep me looking great, but it's so hard to get motivated!! I have 15 more pounds to lose and I really want to get rid of them; now that I have my eating down, I need to get the exercise in. I know it makes me feel great, but I just can't get there most days.
Anyway, hopefully after I get back from my friend's wedding next week I can start to schedule my exercise into my day- even if it's just a yoga class. But running is the ultimate goal, and I need to make a habit of it! Wish me luck.
Amanda

Shari H said...

So, I was checking out the girls blog and came across yours...You really have to show me how to do this! Anyway, As for your fitness Fridays, my parents got us a Wii Fit for our Anniversary. You should come and play...Lots of fun and what a work out!!! And we can do it in the privacy of my living room, so it is airconditioned and the girls can all be entertained!

Caroline and Ken said...

Joey, what an amazing blog. You are inspiring me to be all I can be. Fit...in my heart as well as for my heart! Thank you, Love!