Friday, June 13, 2008

Its the little things...

Yesterday I heard that our local Christian radio station 104.7 The Fish has a promotion on Fridays for local restaurants. You can buy a gift certificate for half of its value. I've heard of these before, I think I've even bought one or two. But todays restaurant is J Christopher's , my favorite Atlanta brunch spot.

When I heard about it yesterday I didn't get to excited because I would still have to remember to actually purchase the certificates, I have a horrible memory! Which sometimes work in my favor, I never see a movie or read a book twice or remember the bad stuff! Anyway, this morning I remembered! I hoped online and sure enough, there was the link to purchase a $50 gift certificate for only $25! I immediately grabbed my debit card and was all ready to make my purchase. Then I see the note that says the certificates are open for purchase at 11:46am. I was going to have to remember a second time!

Well, I went about my morning routine, I got the girls up, fed them, played with them and then we went down for our first nap. Yes, I said "our", I take their first nap with them, it is my favorite time of day! Sometimes I don't sleep, I just lay there breathing in their scent, praying for them, thinking about our futures or memorizing everything about them. This morning I slept. We woke up at about 11:45, it took me a minute to remember what I had to remember, I jumped up, ran to the computer and lo and behold -- 18 certificates remained!! I purchased mine and it should be earriving in 7 - 10 days. I'm so excited!

Money has been very tight in our home lately, what with me becoming a stay-at-home-mom and our income being cut in half -- not that I'm complaining! So I started thinking, there must be other restaurants offering these deals. I did some google searching and found that Creative Loafing offers a whole slew of these deals to some of the best restaurants in Atlanta!! It has made my day!

Date nights... here we come!!

0 comments: